This is such a fun activity for little ones and helps them learn their numbers, order and matching skills all at the same time! It was also really easy to throw together.
- With a Sharpie marker, label the bottom of an empty egg crate with numbers 1-12.
- Label the Easter eggs with numbers 1-12.
- Have fun! Let the kids match them up in fun ways.
- You can ask them to do it in number order and say the name of the number out loud.
- You can hide the eggs and they have to find them and then run to match them in the crate.
- You can ask them to pick a certain color egg (working on colors too!) and match it to the correlating number in the crate.
Even as older kiddos now, I will pull these out sometimes and they still think it is fun to RACE and see who can do it faster:)