Halloween hasn’t typically been my favorite holiday to decorate for (I am usually ALL about Fall/Thanksgiving and Christmas), but this year I wanted to make our front porch more inviting for our trick-or-treaters! (We all know that kiddos want to trick-or-treat at the houses that have decorations out because they KNOW for certain that they will be getting candy!) Plus we don’t know our neighbors very well so we are trying to make an effort to meet them!
It all started when I found cute outdoor pillows at Target in the $5 section. I’m sure most of you can agree that the $1-$5 section at Target is a very dangerous place to be! :) So what started out as $5 pillows for the bench on the front porch, ended with a long-overdue craft day (necessary for my soul!)!
Nothing fancy by any means, but here is a list of some of the inexpensive decorations I found around town and how I put them together…
- Bench Pillows – The two smaller ones were $5 at Target and the large pumpkin one was on 50% off at Kirklands for $10.
- Pumpkins – Safeway; stickers for Pumpkins were 70% off at Michael’s for $1.50!
- Sign on the Wall – I couldn’t find any cute signs that I liked that weren’t cheesy, so I decided to DIY my own. I made it from a $9 unfinished pallet sign that I bought at Michael’s with $2.25 paint!
- Side Table – I had yet to buy a side table for our front porch (was waiting until next spring to hopefully score a sale!) so I bought unfinished pallet box at Michael’s and used some leftover stain I had lying around. Decorations on top of pallet were stuff I already had (a green cloth napkin, white place mat, two orange candles, and DIY’d “Boo” candle holders that I made a few years back.) The black candle holders were also in the $1 at Target a few years back so I took chalk paint and wrote “Boo” on them!
- Welcome Sign on the door – I bought at Kirkland’s 50% off for $10 too.
Hope you all have a wonderful and Halloween! Stay warm!