Shared from the kitchen of Ann Jarrett (my awesome mother-in-law!). She suggests not using a crisco substitute (she is from Texas ya’ll!) so to make sure these are delish, I would suggest the same thing. Feel free to experiment though if you’d rather save some calories.
Time needed: 20 – 30 min
– 1 cup Crisco
– ¾ cup sugar
– ¾ cup brown sugar
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 2 eggs
– 1 tsp vanilla
– ½ tsp water
– 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
– 1 package mini morsel semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 package chopped pecans (4 oz) (optional)
- Using blender, cream Crisco, sugar, eggs, water, and vanilla.
- Then add salt, baking soda, and slowly add flour as you blend.
- Stir until completely blended.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and blend again.
- Make small balls of dough and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes until brown on bottom.