Shared from Kim’s kitchen. This is one of our favorite sides to do for dinner. I normally make a sweet potato per person (so 2 for Shawn and I) but you can double or triple this recipe depending on how many people you are feeding (or if you want leftovers). Trust me – they go FAST and are so delicious so make more than you think you need!
Time Needed: 35 min
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Wash sweet potatoes with water. Pat dry.
- Cut sweet potatoes into small slivers (1/4 inch) the length of the potato. (Feel free to cut the fries however you would like – they can be short too but I normally make them the length of the potato.)
- Put sweet potato slivers in a bowl and add all ingredients. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil and lay fries evenly on the baking sheet (trying not to layer).
- Bake fries for 15 minutes. Then toss/turn them over and bake for another 10-15 minutes. If you like crispier fries, keep them in the oven longer.