Shared from the kitchen of Ashley Sisson (originated from Italy).
Time Needed: 45-60 min
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup chopped oregano
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 2 (28 oz) cans peeled whole San Marzano tomatoes crushed by hand
- 1 package fresh cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 box pasta noodles (I prefer angel hair pasta to make this a light entrée)
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until golden brown (about 8-10 min)
- Add the San Marzano tomatoes (make sure to crush them up with your hands) and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer.
- After 15 min of simmering, add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, and the cherry tomatoes halves.
- Simmer for another 15 min.
- While that is simmering, bring your favorite pasta noodles to a boil and cook.
- Once pasta is fully cooked, drain the noodles.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta when both are finished cooking and enjoy!
This recipe makes a ton so you can freeze it and re-heat later!