Shared from the kitchen of Lisa Sparks
- 2 -12 count packages of Hawaiian rolls (the small dinner roll looking ones)
- 1 lbs of shaved ham (NOT honey ham)
- 6 – 12 slices Swiss cheese (can use Provolone or most any cheese good with ham
- 1 stick of real butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a sauce pan, mix butter, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, minced onion, and poppy seeds until butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Cut the rolls in half. Place the bottoms of rolls in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Cut the cheese slices into 4 quarters.
- Spread a light layer of butter sauce on the bottom half of roll, leaving enough sauce to cover the tops of buns later.
- Place 1small piece of cheese on each bottom. (Original recipe calls for 2 small pieces, but I only use one most of the time. If you use two, put one on bottom of bun and one on top of ham, just under top of bun).
- Place 1-2 slices of shaved ham on the rolls, however you like it.
- Put the dinner roll tops on. Spread with remaining sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until tops are golden and cheese is melted.
**These sandwiches are easy to make ahead and bake just before needed. They are best served warm.