From the kitchen of our Aunt Linda (Olson)
Time Needed: 45 min – 1 hr
– 2 Tablespoons minced onion
– 2 teaspoons margarine
– 1 lb. ground beef
– ½ cup uncooked quick rolled oats
– 1 egg, slightly beaten
– 1 teaspoon of salt (or less if desired)
– 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
– ¼ teaspoon caraway seed
– 3 Tablespoons margarine
– 1 can cream of celery soup
– ½ cup of water
- Brown onion lightly in margarine over low heat.
- Combine meat, oats, egg, seasongs, and cooked onion in separate bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape meat into one-inch small balls.
- Fry them slowly in margarine until brown – turning on all sides.
- Remove when browned. When all are browned, add soup and water to skillet drippings and stir until smooth and bubbly.
- Return meat balls, cover tightly.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with egg noodles.