Excitedly found this DELICIOUS recipe on http://www.adventuresincoupons.com/christmas-snowball-cookie-recipe. I made it last Christmas for our family Christmas party and they were the first item to disappear from the table! I would suggest making two batches at least! :)
Time needed: 30 – 40 min
– 1/2 Cup Butter (again, use real)
– 2 T granulated sugar
– 1 t vanilla
– 3/4 Cup chopped pecans
– 1 cup flour
– 1/4-1/2 powdered sugar, set aside in small bowl
- Soften butter slightly and cream until light and fluffy. (i.e. Beat it with your mixer.)
- Add the remaining ingredients, minus the powdered sugar. Blend with your mixer. The mix will be very dry!
- Mix well. Scrape the sides of your bowl a couple of times and the bottom as well to grab all of the butter that is stuck to it.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until firmed. DO NOT OVER COOK THESE! They should NOT be browned, but a light color instead.
- Pull from oven and cool on rack.
- When almost cool, roll them (again, don’t dip..ROLL) in powdered sugar. Use small bowl to make it easy.
- Give the powdered sugar a few min (5-15 or so) to soak in and then roll in the powdered sugar a 2nd time.
Notes: This is a VERY dry recipe that does NOT form a normal dough. After you mix, you’re going to look at it and think you missed a step but you haven’t!